• Adds Connectivity and Capabilities to Your Mac mini—Connects two high-performance PCIe 1.1, 2.0, or 3.0 expansion cards to the Mac mini
• Diverse PCIe Card Support—Supports pro video capture and playout, pro audio, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Fibre Channel, SAS/SATA RAID controllers, and other PCIe cards
• Server Room Ready—1U rackmount enclosure with user-replaceable fans, easy to remove lid, built-in cable management features
• Makes Your Mac mini Road-Ready—Securely holds the computer and PCIe cards in place during transport, adding mobility to your Mac
• Thunderbolt 3 Interface—Offers approximately 1750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth to the installed cards
• Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports—One port used to connect to the computer; second port supports daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices to your computer, attaching a single USB peripheral device, or connecting a 4K display.
• Rear Panel Connectivity, Front Panel Operation—Ethernet, HDMI and USB-A ports mounted at the rear of the chassis for easy connectivity; front panel power button activates power switch on Mac mini; illuminated USB-A port enables connection of peripheral devices and indicates power status
• Power for High-Performance PCIe Cards—Integrated 150W power supply provides plenty of power for cards you install; auxiliary PCIe power connector enables use of power hungry non-GPU cards such as the Avid® Pro Tools|HDX or the RED® ROCKET-X™
—Transform a Mac mini® with Thunderbolt™ 3 Ports from a Basic Computer to a Workstation!—
For many applications, a Mac mini with Thunderbolt 3 ports has all the processing power necessary to allow it to replace a full-sized desktop or workstation computer. But for pro audio and video users, the mini’s compact size can limit its potential—there are no slots for PCIe expansion cards needed to provide additional connectivity and functionality, and you need to securely rackmount the computer. Sonnet’s award-winning xMac™ mini Server addresses these issues and maximizes a Mac mini’s capabilities in a big way.
Inside its custom 1U enclosure, the xMac mini Server Thunderbolt 3 Edition securely mounts your Mac mini, and connects two PCIe cards to the computer through one of its Thunderbolt 3 ports. A USB-A port and a power button mounted on the front panel allow the connection of a keyboard, mouse, thumb drive or other USB peripheral to, and the operation of the system without requiring access to the back of the computer. Additional panel-mount cables (HDMI, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, and USB-A) are included to connect the ports on the computer to ports on the back of the xMac mini Server for convenient external connection. An opening on the back panel enables you to easily route cables to the computer or the internal connections on an installed card.