• Adds 10GbE Connectivity—Powerfully simple way to add high-performance 10GbE connectivity via optical cable to your computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
• Cost-Effective—Low cost adapter includes 10GBASE-SR (short-range) SFP+ transceiver; supports connection up to 300 meters to 10GbE infrastructure via LC multi-mode fiber optic cable (sold separately)
• 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface—Connects to any Thunderbolt 3 computer port, or at the end of a Thunderbolt 3 device daisy chain
• Energy Efficient—Supports the Energy-Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard to reduce the adapter’s power demands on your computer
• Easy Setup—Configured through macOS Network control panel or Windows Device Manager
• Small and Silent—Adapter is pocketable and uses no fan, perfect for use in noise-sensitive environments
• Bus-Powered—Powered through its Thunderbolt connection, the Solo10G requires no power adapter
• Rugged Construction—Aluminum enclosure withstands heavy use
• U.S. Government Information Systems Compliant
• Free Lifetime Technical Support
—Blazing-Fast 10GBASE-SR Connectivity at a Breakthrough Price—
Technical advances plus cheaper gear have enabled creators to capture and output more content than ever at 4K and higher resolutions. The resulting files are larger, too. When moving all that data between your computer and networked storage, a simple Gigabit Ethernet connection can negatively impact your productivity. For post-production shared storage workgroups and other bandwidth-intensive workflows, you need more speed—10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) is the new data transfer standard. Affordable switches have lowered costs for setting up 10GbE infrastructure; however, the price of adding fiber optic client connectivity has remained high. Now, there is an equally affordable 10GbE interface for your Mac® or Windows® computer with Thunderbolt™ 3 ports—Sonnet’s Solo10G™ SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter, a powerfully simple solution for adding blazing-fast fiber optic 10GbE network connectivity at a breakthrough price.
The Solo10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter includes a 10GBASE-SR (short-range) SFP+ transceiver (the most commonly-used optical transceiver), enabling you to connect your computer to 10GbE infrastructure via LC optical cable (optical cables sold separately) at distances up to 300 meters.
—Safe and Secure—
As a networked conduit into your computer, the Solo10G SFP+ adapter was designed with essential security features. Incorporating encryption in hardware, the Sonnet adapter is protected against malicious modification of its firmware. Any unauthorized attempt at firmware modification to facilitate surreptitious computer access would render the adapter inoperable. This secure design prevents the Solo10G adapter’s firmware from being reprogrammed except by a manufacturer’s update using a secure encryption key.
* See Sonnet website for details