• Adds 10GBASE-T 10GbE Connectivity—Adds an RJ45 10 Gigabit Ethernet port to your computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
• Cost-Effective—Low-cost adapter connects to 10GbE infrastructure via inexpensive CAT 6 or CAT 6A cables at distances up to 55 or 100 meters, respectively
• 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface—Connects to any Thunderbolt 3 computer port, or at the end of a Thunderbolt 3 device daisy chain
• Supports NBASE-T Standard—5 Gb/s and 2.5 Gb/s speeds supported over inexpensive CAT 5e (or better) cabling at distances up to 100 meters when used with a multi-Gigabit switch or router
• Advanced Features—Audio Video Bridging (IEEE 802.1Qav, AVB) and Energy-Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) supported
• Easy Setup—Configured through macOS Network control panel or Windows Device Manager
• Small and Silent—Adapter is pocketable and uses no fan, perfect for use in noise-sensitive environments
• Bus-Powered, Energy Efficient—Powered through its Thunderbolt connection, the Solo 10G requires no power adapter
• Rugged Construction—Aluminum enclosure withstands heavy use
• Thunderbolt Certified for Mac & Windows
—Blazing-Fast 10GBASE-T Connectivity at a Breakthrough Price—
In recent years content creation and output have quickly moved from HD to 4K and beyond, making 10Gb Ethernet the new data transfer standard for post-production shared storage workgroups and other bandwidth intensive workflows. Very affordable 10Gb Ethernet switches with RJ45 (copper) have significantly reduced the cost of setting up a 10GbE infrastructure, resulting in very rapid adoption. Even the new iMac Pro™ includes 10Gb Ethernet as its standard network interface. Now, for computers with a Thunderbolt™ 3 port, there is an equally affordable Thunderbolt to 10Gb Ethernet adapter—Sonnet’s Solo 10G™ Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter, a powerfully simple solution for adding blazing-fast 10GBASE-T 10GbE network connectivity to any Mac® or Windows®* computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports.
The Solo 10G adapter is equipped with a single RJ45 socket, enabling it to connect to 10GbE infrastructure via inexpensive CAT 6 or CAT 6A copper cabling at distances up to 55 or 100 meters, respectively.
—NBASE-T Support for Faster Transfers Across Existing Cabling—
Does your facility have CAT 5e wiring installed already? You can still get a great performance gain—up to 500 percent over Gigabit Ethernet speed—without rewiring! The Solo 10G adapter also supports NBASE-T™ technology, a recent Ethernet standard that enables 2.5Gbps and 5Gbps speeds on existing CAT 5e (and better) cabling at distances of up to 100 meters. This capability enables organizations with older infrastructure to simply update to multi-Gigabit Ethernet switches and to use the Solo10G adapter to boost network transmission speeds without running new cabling.