• Superior Performance—Ingests files from two SxS cards at maximum speed
• Dual SxS Card Slots—Enable simultaneous ingest of files from two cards for greater efficiency
• 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface—Features dual Thunderbolt 3 ports; second port supports daisy chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices
• Broad Card Support—Supports all SxS media, including SxS PRO+ E Series cards; XQD™ and SDHD™ cards supported when used with adapters
• Compact, Rugged, Stackable—Aluminum enclosure for rugged and reliable operation. Stackable design enables multiple SF3 Series card readers to occupy same footprint.
• Thunderbolt Cable & ThunderLok Included—Includes 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable and ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure cable from accidental disconnections
• macOS® and Windows® compatible
• Compatible With Thunderbolt 2 and Thunderbolt Mac Computers—When used with an Apple® Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter plus Thunderbolt cable (both sold separately)
For years, pro digital video camera pioneers Sony and ARRI have used SxS professional memory cards for capturing footage on select cameras, relying on the cards for their durability and speed. With the move to shooting in 4K and higher frame rates, cards fill up faster than ever, and the need for a truly high-speed card reader with the fastest interface available is undeniable. Sonnet’s SF3 Series - SxS Pro Card Reader fills the bill. Featuring a 40Gbps Thunderbolt™ 3 interface, this device quickly ingests footage from SxS memory cards to any Mac or Windows computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports—on location, in the studio, or in the edit suite—at the fastest speeds the cards will support.
Industry’s First SxS Card Reader for Thunderbolt 3
The SF3 Series - SxS Pro Card Reader is the industry’s first SxS card reader for Thunderbolt 3. This dual-slot reader takes advantage of Thunderbolt 3’s 40Gbps bandwidth to ingest files simultaneously from two cards at maximum speed—more than double the average ingest speed of USB 3.0 card readers. Using the Sonnet SxS reader enables you to ingest footage from multiple cards in much less time for a significantly more efficient workflow.
Compact, Rugged, and Stackable—Ingest Four or More Cards Simultaneously
The SF3 Series - SxS Pro Card Reader—measuring a compact 5.75 inches wide by 1 inch high by 5.1 inches deep—is suitable for use in any workspace. The reader’s extruded aluminum shell makes it lightweight, yet rugged enough to be transported in an equipment bag without fear of damaging the case. SF3 Series card readers are designed to be stacked, allowing multiple readers to occupy the same footprint. The SxS reader’s dual-port Thunderbolt 3 interface enables you to daisy chain up to six readers and connect them to your computer through a single cable, taking advantage of Thunderbolt 3’s 2,750 MB/s bandwidth to ingest four, six or more cards simultaneously.
* See Sonnet website for details.