This year at NAB, Thunderbolt will have a larger presence than ever before. Many Thunderbolt™ 3 devices are being announced – from storage devices to adapters to docking stations. Visit us at our Thunderbolt Zone in the StudioXperience booth #SL2425 to see all of the new Thunderbolt 3 products from AkiTiO, Dell, Goodway, JMR, LaCie, Lintes, OpenDrives, OWC and Razer. And around the entire show floor, you’ll find Thunderbolt products – just look for the Thunderbolt logo! Each minute, 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube. Thunderbolt can transfer this data in less than 20 seconds, so it’s no wonder that film and entertainment professionals are among the top users of Thunderbolt technology. This week, we’ve joined some of our key partners at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) for its annual event to show how Thunderbolt 3 can transform multi-stream HD, 4K, 8K video workflows. From booth demos to speaking engagements, our team is focused on making sure that today’s content creators are armed with the best resources from Thunderbolt to improve the efficiency and performance that their industry demands. The show is also a prime time for many of our partners who are debuting their latest Thunderbolt 3 solutions, such as:
- LaCie introduced its new 12big Thunderbolt 3 12-bay desktop RAID storage. With up to 96TB of capacity, the breakthrough performance of Thunderbolt 3 and RAID 5/6, the LaCie 12big helps video professionals meet the data demands of 4/5/6K cameras. The LaCie 12big is the highest-capacity desktop storage solution on the market, with a footprint smaller than a tablet.
- AKITIO unveiled the Thunder3 PCIe SSD, one of the industry’s fastest external storage solutions designed to unleash the groundbreaking speed and simplicity of Thunderbolt 3. Developed for high-speed transfer of large files, the Thunder3 PCIe SSD is the only storage solution on the market today that combines the full PCIe Gen3 x4 bandwidth of the Intel SSD 750 Series with the NVMe protocol, along with Thunderbolt 3’s 40Gbps port. Also announced from AKITIO at NAB is their new T3T Adapter. The T3T bridges all 3 generations of Thunderbolt technology by allowing users with Thunderbolt 3 equipped computers to connect Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 peripherals.
- Promise Technology announced their Pegasus3 Series with Thunderbolt 3 technology which delivers blistering performance speeds for creative professionals creating high resolution video and rich media content. At 40 Gbps, Thunderbolt 3 provides for twice the bandwidth of its predecessor, Thunderbolt 2. To take full advantage of this bandwidth, Promise’s new Pegasus3 line will be available in 4-bay, 6-bay, and 8-bay configurations.
- Sonnet Technologies announced its new Fusion Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Flash Drive – Windows Edition, a rugged, pocket-size solid-state drive (SSD) storage device with Thunderbolt 3 interface. Equipped with 512GB of flash storage, the Fusion Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Flash Drive leverages the 40Gbps bandwidth of Thunderbolt 3 to deliver data transfer speeds up to 2100 MB/s.
- ATTO Technology, Inc. introduced is new line of Thunderbolt 3 to 40GbE devices. The new ThunderLink devices—the ThunderLink 3402 dual 40Gb/s Thunderbolt to dual 40GbE and ThunderLink 3401 dual 40Gb/s Thunderbolt to single 40GbE—feature USB-C connectors, allowing greater flexibility when connecting to any Thunderbolt 3-enabled Windows platform.
- Accusys Storage Ltd. announced it will be launching its latest addition to its innovative Thunderbolt 3 shareable storage product line (T-share), the A12T3-Share. The 12-bay tower storage unit offers four Thunderbolt 3 ports allowing connection to four clients which are able to simultaneously edit, transfer and share data at unprecedented speeds.
Tags: 4K editing, 4K video, 4K workflow, Accusys Storage, Akitio, ATTO Technology, Granite River Labs, Intel Thunderbolt, LaCie, NAB show, National Association of Broadcasters, Sonnet Technologies, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt 3