There is no question, Thunderbolt™ 3 complements the amazing performance gains highlighted in the recent introduction of 8th Gen Intel® Core i5 and i7 mobile platforms.
Delivering the most advanced, efficient, and versatile I/O solution available, Thunderbolt 3 helps content creators, gamers and corporate users get the most out of the latest thin and light notebooks and 2 in 1s. Designed to take advantage of the latest high definition displays, multi-Gb/s Ethernet and Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) storage, the 8th Gen U-series delivers a performance increase of up to 40% gen-over-gen, and up to 2X compared to 5-year-old computers in productivity applications.
We are especially pleased with news of the new 8th Gen Intel Core i5 and i7 platforms introduced at IFA becoming the latest additions to the Thunderbolt 3 ecosystem.
- Lenovo Launches Yoga 920 Convertible
- Dell and Alienware Debut New Gaming Rigs
- Asus ROG Chimera gaming laptop and Asus Zenbook Flip laptops
- Acer Launches New Ultraslim, Convertible, and Detachable
- Accusys high-bandwidth, scalable storage enclosures
- Sonnet 1TB Fusion Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Flash Drive
- ATTO ThunderLink® enables VMware® ESXi™ for Mac Pro
I am excited to see the synergy between 8th Gen Intel Core mobile platforms and the convenience and simplicity of Thunderbolt 3. With support for Thunderbolt devices, every display and billions of USB devices – Thunderbolt 3 is the one connection that does it all.
General Manager, Client Connectivity Division
Intel, the Intel logo, Thunderbolt, and the Thunderbolt logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. *Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.