Shown with GPU card installed; sold separately
• Connects a High-Performance GPU Card to Your Computer—Significantly boost the graphics performance of your eGFX-compatible computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
• Supports the Latest GPU Cards
• Supports Other Thunderbolt-Compatible PCIe Cards—Up to full-length, full-height, single- or double-width card, perfect for cards such as the Avid Pro Tools|HDX or RED ROCKET-X
• Single-port 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface—Ensures the system’s full 2,750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth is dedicated to the installed card
• 650W Power Supply—Includes dual 8-pin (6+2 pin) connectors; supports cards requiring up to 375W of continuous power plus an additional 100W peak power (equivalent to 750W recommended system power); provides 100W of upstream power (Power Delivery), useful for charging your notebook
• Quietest Add Your Own Card eGFX System Available—Large built-in, variable-speed, temperature-controlled fan quietly and effectively cools the installed card
• Recommended by Apple
—Connect a Demanding GPU or Other PCIe Card to a Thunderbolt 3 Mac or PC—
Sonnet’s eGFX Breakaway Box 650 supports any Thunderbolt-compatible PCIe card — up to full-length, full-height, single- or double-width in size — but was designed specifically for bandwidth- and power-hungry AMD and NVIDIA GPU cards. With a GPU card installed, the Breakaway Box 650 can significantly boost the graphics performance of your eGFX-compatible portable or all-in-one computer. The Breakaway Box 650 is also perfect for large non-GPU cards such as the Avid Pro Tools|HDX or RED ROCKET-X.
—More Than Enough Power—
The Breakaway Box 650 includes two 8-pin (6+2 pin) auxiliary power connectors to support cards requiring up to 375W of continuous power plus an additional 100W peak power (equivalent to 750W recommended system power) — more than enough for almost every Thunderbolt-compatible GPU card. AMD approved for the air-cooled editions of the Radeon RX Vega 64, Vega Frontier Edition, and Radeon Pro WX 9100, this model was designed and qualified to also support overclocked NVIDIA cards with high peak power requirements. For notebook users, the Breakaway Box 650 also provides 100W of upstream power, useful for powering and quickly charging your compatible computer.
—Ready for Work and Always Game to Play—
For pros, the eGFX Breakaway Box 650 harnesses the computational engine in GPU cards that accelerate special effects, animation, color grading, rendering, and editing. For gamers, the Breakaway Box 650 is ideal for enabling graphic-intensive gaming on computers (such as thin/light notebooks) that otherwise would not be able to produce an acceptable gaming experience. The coolest and quietest graphics card expansion system on the market, the Breakaway Box 650 features a large, variable-speed, temperature-controlled fan that quietly and effectively cools the installed card — perfect for noise-sensitive environments. Additionally, the Breakaway Box 650 supports 120mm water block coolers, which run quieter than active fans and enable higher overclocking.
- Product type: eGFX enclosure
- Power supply configuration: Internal
- Power rating: 650W max
- Charging support: 100W max
- No of Thunderbolt Controllers: 1
- No of USB 2 Ports: 0
- LAN interface: No
- Audio interface: No
Supported Operating Systems and Graphics Cards:
• macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later
• Windows 10 (64-bit Edition, Version 1809 or greater)
See the latest list of supported graphics cards at https://www.sonnettech.com/support/downloads/manuals/Compatibility_Graph...
* See Sonnet website for details