Shown with GPU card installed; sold separately
• Connects High Performance GPU Cards to Computers with Thunderbolt 3 Ports—Connects a supported GPU card to your eGFX-compatible computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports*
• Supports Cards With Popular GPU Chipsets—Includes AMD Radeon® and Radeon Pro; NVIDIA® GeForce®, TITAN X, and Quadro® cards*
• x16 PCI Express 3.0 slot—Supports up to full-length, full-height, single- or double-width card
• Supports Other Thunderbolt 3 Compatible PCIe Cards—Perfect for full-length cards such as the RED ROCKET-X
• 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface with One Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Port—Ensures the system’s full 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth is dedicated to the installed card
• 350W Power Supply—Includes one 8-pin (6+2 pin) & one 6-pin auxiliary power connector, and delivers 15W of upstream power to charge your computer
• Quietest eGFX System Available—Large built-in, variable-speed, temperature-controlled fan quietly and effectively cools the installed card
• Thunderbolt Certified for Windows for use with Thunderbolt-compatible GPU cards and every other Thunderbolt 3 compatible PCIe card
• Thunderbolt Certified for macOS for use with every Thunderbolt 3 compatible PCIe card other than GPUs**
Connect a High-Performance Graphics Card to a Thunderbolt™ 3 Equipped Computer
Sonnet’s eGFX Breakaway Box, a Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe card expansion solution, supports any Thunderbolt compatible PCIe card, but is designed specifically for bandwidth-intensive graphic video cards. The Breakaway Box enables all the popular GPU cards that support connecting to a computer over Thunderbolt such as AMD Radeon® and Radeon Pro; NVIDIA® GeForce®, TITAN X, and Quadro® cards, providing GPU support for computationally-intensive applications.
There’s no need to carry a heavy and expensive gaming laptop to have a great gaming experience—just plug in a Breakaway Box and add the upgradeable GPU power you want when you need it! By delivering much higher frame rates for smooth game play, the Breakaway Box is ideal for enabling graphic-intensive gaming on computers (such as thin/light notebooks) that otherwise would not be able to produce an acceptable gaming experience. When used with computers that properly support eGPUs, accelerated graphics can either be displayed on your notebook’s own display panel or on external monitors. And, unlike with gaming laptops, when the next generation of GPUs rolls around and you are ready for another performance boost, simply upgrade the GPU card—nobody should have to replace their computer just to keep up with the latest in GPU technology.
Ready for Work, Coolest & Quietest eGFX Graphics Card Box on the Market
In addition to eGPU cards, the Breakaway Box supports every other Thunderbolt 3 compatible PCIe card, regardless of the card's length or width—its single x16 PCIe 3.0 slot easily accommodates full-length cards such as the RED ROCKET-X. The Breakaway Box’s single-port 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 interface ensures the full 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth is dedicated to the installed card.
*See Sonnet website for details
**macOS High Sierra has only beta support for connection of GPU cards over Thunderbolt and GPU card drivers are not yet officially Thunderbolt compatible for macOS. For more information, see Sonnet Support Library.